Home' Visitors Guide : Winter 2011 Contents 16 ❙ Winter 2011
582 Argyle Street Moss Vale NSW 2577 m:0415 508 585
Open daily 10am -- 5pm
Penfolds Port mirror -- South
Australian origin c. 1900
Regency style stool
Role of honour plaque -- NSW railway &
tramway officers' association WW1
190 years on
THROSBY PARK WAS BUILT BY CHARLES
THROSBY, NEPHEW TO DR CHARLES
THROSBY BETWEEN 1834 -- 1836 ON 1000
ACRES OF LAND, GRANTED IN 1819 BY
GOVERNOR LACHLAN MACQUARIE.
DR THROSBY was a naval surgeon, magistrate and
member of the NSW Legislative Council prior to his death in
1828. Dr Charles Throsby's grant was in recognition of his
exploration and tireless application to various Government
roles in colonial New South Wales.
Today, the property is about 75 acres and comprises
the original weather board cottage of c: 1821, the main
homestead of 1834 and a collection of outbuildings
including stables, piggery, mill, barn and tennis pavilion.
In September 2010, the property was handed over from
the National Parks and Wildlife Service to the Historic
Houses Trust of New South Wales.
The future of Throsby Park will benefit greatly under the
guardianship of HHT.
Extensive restoration work in currently underway, for details of
forthcoming open days in the later part of 2011 go to
Photo: SHN Library
Links Archive Autumn 2011 Spring 2011 Navigation Previous Page Next Page